- There are 2 giveaways–one for bloggers and one for readers–the prizes are identical.
- The prize of both giveaway is all of the Midge and Moo picture books, the brand new Midge and Moo Coloring Books, plus crayons of course! (8 books total to each winner)
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Blogger contestants will enter via Rafflecopter contest above. Link to the reader giveaway below.
- Bloggers are welcome to enter both giveaways!
- The winners will be randomly selected by the Rafflecopter overlords.
- Thanks to Amazon Prime, this giveaway is open to international children’s book lovers too!
This Giveaway is for Bloggers only. Here are the options for entries:
1. Feature the Coloring Extravaganza Giveaway on your blog: 1 entry
Here is the Rafflecopter “Coloring Extravaganza Giveaway” link:
And here is the prize image:
2. Review the children’s picture book, A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book, on your Blog: 2 entries
(I have swipe text: book description, Meet the Author, links and extras below, as well as docs in a dropbox folder with promotional images for your use.)
3. Leave a review for A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book on Amazon: 1 entry
You can download the Kindle version for free here.
4. Leave a review for A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book on iBooks: 1 entry
You can download the iBooks version for free here.
5. Leave a review of A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book on Goodreads: 1 entry
You can download your free copy here:
6. Are you a Kobo user? Or are you a Canadian book blogger? Leave a review of A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book on Kobo!
You can download your free copy of Day with Moo at Kobo here.
And here’s extra content and swipe text (I have included all the content below as HTML in a doc in the Dropbox folder.) But please email me directly if you need anything else email@example.com:
Book description, Meet The Author/Q&A, links and extras
A Day with Moo: A Best Friend Book
Follow the everyday adventures of Midge and her beloved stuffed animal in this adorable picture book about family and friendship. Midge and Moo are best friends. They came home from the hospital together when Midge was just two days old. They do everything together.
Midge learns what it is like to have a partner in crime, a best friend, and someone who is there for her no matter what.
If you and your little ones like bright, colorful illustrations and sweet, funny stories, you will love Midge and Moo.
Adorable, silly, snuggly–get your copy of The Adventures of Midge and Moo and let the cuddling and laughing begin!
Part of the Adventures of Midge and Moo series.
Meet the Author & Illustrator: Kerry McQuaide
Q: Is the character Midge, from The Adventures of Midge and Moo children’s picture book series, based on a real girl?
A: The Midge and Moo series is based on a real little girl. She was two years old at the time, and always carried her toy bear. But because kids are funny and have their own ideas about the world, she insisted he was a cow and called him Moo.
If she put him down for even a minute, she would ask, “Where’s Moo?” It became a game, and that was the original inspiration for the peek-a-boo books, Lost in the Garden and Moo is Missing.
Q: There are 6 books in The Adventures of Midge and Moo series now?
A: Yes! Midge and Moo took on a life of their own. I was fascinated with how kids could imbue a toy or a blanket with so much courage, love, and personality. I was inspired by that.
It wasn’t until the 5th or 6th book that I realized that Moo is the unconditional love parents give their kids. Moo gives Midge the confidence she needs to explore, learn, and grow.
Q: What’s the best thing about being a writer and illustrator?
A: When I was a little girl, I would pour over Shel Silverstein’s poems and drawings. The way the words and pictures work together blew my little mind. I could feel it. There was almost a magical power in this type of storytelling. That’s what I wanted. I wanted to be able to make other people feel the way those books made me feel.
As a writer, you have the ability to reach through space and time and connect with people. That’s pretty amazing.
Q: What do you want kids and parents to get from your books?
When you read to kids, it is magical when you all laugh at the same part. It is a wonderful way to slow down and bond. And kids are so funny, they’ll ask the same questions over and over. “Is her mom mad at her?” or “Why is she sad?”
They are processing the world they see reflected in the books and the human emotions they experience in their own lives through theses stories. If Midge and Moo can make you and your child laugh at the same moment, or if my stories can help you talk to your child about love, kindness, and friendship, then I am a happy author!
Meet Midge and Moo. Follow the everyday adventures of Midge and her beloved stuffed animal in this adorable picture book about family and friendship.
Download your free copy on iBooks, Kobo, or Amazon:
Q: Where can readers find you?
A: They can enter to win the whole collection of Midge and Moo picture books, including the brand new coloring books (8 books total), plus crayons! And because I hate to send any one away empty-handed, I’m sending everyone who enters free, printable coloring sheets for their little ones.